Architectural education is more than just building structures. It is also about the cultivation of appreciation and creation of architectural space, the natural as well as the built environment.
The Bachelor of Science (Hons) (Architecture) is a three-year pre-professional programme aimed at providing an academic education and practical experience that will lead to post graduate professional qualifications in Architecture.
The programme is an integrated and interdependent study programme that combines the disciplines of science and art, leading to the development and application of appropriate solutions to meet the demand of shifting paradigms in Malaysia and to embrace the challenges of a dynamic 21st century global society.
The programme helps students develop a good understanding of building design, history of architecture, construction technology and architectural practice to contribute to the improvement of the built environment. Emphasis is placed on the relationship between the poetics of space, the application of structure and technology and the position of architecture in social, cultural and environmental sustainability.
The Bachelor of Science (Hons) (Architecture) programme is approved by the Malaysian Qualifications Agency (MQA).
Entry Level & Entry Requirements
- Sijil Tinggi Pelajaran Malaysia (STPM) – CGPA of 2.67 for 3 subjects (Note: Education for architects leading to the professional award shall be of no less than 5 years duration after STPM or the equivalent)
- ‘A’ Levels – 3 principals, minimum grades CDD
- South Australian Matriculation (SAM) – Overall 65
- Canadian Pre-University (CPU) – Overall 65%
- Unified Examination Council (UEC) – Minimum grade of B6 for 5 subjects (including credits for English and Mathematics)
- Taylor’s Foundation in Natural and Built Environment – Average C+, equivalent to 60%
- Taylor’s Diploma in Architectural Technology – Overall 60% or B grade, equivalent to overall Merit achievement
- Other Qualifications – Students with other qualifications will be considered on a case-by-case basis
• SPM or ‘O’ Levels, minimum 5 credits
• Pass in Art in SPM or pass SABD portfolio assessment
English Language Requirements
IELTS – Overall score of 6.0
TOEFL(paper-based) – 550
TOEFL (computer-based) – 213
Intakes: February & July
Duration: 3 Years
Upon successful completion of the Bachelor of Science (Hons)(Architecture), students can pursue their second professional degree, such as the Bachelor of Architecture, Post Graduate Diploma or Masters of Architecture at a range of universities in Australia, New Zealand and the United Kingdom.
Taylor’s University Lakeside Campus Location Map
Taylor’s University Lakeside Campus Contact Details
No. 1 Jalan Taylor’s,
47500 Subang Jaya,
Selangor Darul Ehsan,
Phone: +6(03)5629 5000
Fax: +6(03)5629 5001