The Labuan International School (LIS) was established in January 1996. It is an important infrastructure to provide private education facilities for expatriates as well as Malaysian citizens working in Labuan Integrated Offshore Financial Centre (IOFC). LIS consists of three components namely:
- International School, a primary level education based on British National Curriculum for foreign students from age five to 11+ in keystage 1 and 2;
- Sekolah Sri Labuan, a private school which offers the KBSR or Malaysian Integrated Primary School curriculum; and
- Tadika Manjaria, a preschool education for local and foreign children between age of 3 to 6 years.
Labuan International School’s main objectives are to develop the children’s potential and produce children who are knowledgeable, competent, high moral standards and who are responsible and capable of achieving high levels of personal well beings through:
- Special emphasis on the 3R (Reading, Writing & Arithmetic);
- Develop language mastery for communication and acquisition of knowledge;
- Recognize and encourage the development of pupil’s potential and talents;
- Develop creativity and aesthetic values among students;
- Foster character development through the inculcation of values and the nurturing of good citizenship qualities;
- Develop physical fitness through developmental health programme;
- Develop creativity through music, art & science;
- Develop pupils as self-directed learners in preparing for their future.
Labuan International School Facilities and Activities
Labuan International School complex provides fully air-conditioned classes and various other facilities to cater for academic and co-curricular activities such as resource centre, science laboratories, music class, canteen, school hall and playground and playing field.
Besides academic activities, Labuan International School also organizes annual school sports open day and concert as well as prize giving day. LIS also takes part in activities for functions organized by the Education Department such as choral speaking competition, nasyid competition as well as other educational competitions.
Labuan International School follows Malaysia’s school calendar and the semester system as stipulated by the Ministry of Education. International School and Sekolah Sri Labuan start from 8.00 am and end at 2.30 pm whilst Tadika Manjaria starts at 8.00 am ends at 12.00 noon. Extra curricular activities for International School and Sekolah Sri Labuan are conducted after formal school hours.
Location Map of Labuan International School
Labuan International School Contact Details
Labuan International School
5012, Jalan Tanjung Batu,
Tel: +6(087)421 059 / 410 484
Fax: +6(087)415 645