Rise to the challenge of your new management career. Enhance your leadership skills and learn how to successfully manage relationships with subordinates, peers and bosses. The New Managers Programme is designed to equip new managers with all the essential skills needed to shift from being an individual contributor to a manager who can build and lead a performance-driven team. At the end of this programme, you’ll walk away with not only excellent technical skills, but also interpersonal and management skills that will guide you up the management ladder of success.
Promising individuals within the organisation are often rewarded with career advancement into management roles. The learning curve becomes steeper when they begin managing and leading a team.
While the first transition to manager is one of the most important stages in becoming a leader, many new managers, however, hold on to the work that made them successful and become reluctant to shift gears into the new role- by getting work done through others.
This programme is designed to guide you through the transition while laying the foundation for a successful management career. Arm yourself with the key skills required to engage people, rise up to the challenge and lead a team.
At the end of the programme, you will:
- Achieve a clear understanding of your role as a new manager within the macro and micro environments you are working in;
- Gain self awareness on how you are perceived in the workplace, how to attune your behaviour while optimising your performance and that of your team;
- Acquire the essential skills and tools in managing relationships with subordinates, peers and bosses;
- Enhance your people engagement skills in building a motivated, cohesive and performance-orientated team;
- Develop own action plan with given toolkit and apply this to your workplace;
- Execute your new role with greater confidence.
Who Is This For
This programme is designed for new or soon-to-be-promoted managers with little or no previous exposure in leading and managing teams.
For more information
For details, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Taylor’s University Lakeside Campus Location Map
Taylor’s University Lakeside Campus Contact Details
No. 1 Jalan Taylor’s,
47500 Subang Jaya,
Selangor Darul Ehsan,
Phone: +6(03)5629 5000
Fax: +6(03)5629 5001