Nilai University was established as Nilai College in 1997 and was upgraded to a university college in 2007 and a full-fledged university in 2012. The Malaysian Qualifications Agency rated Nilai University as Excellent (Setara 5) in 2011 and has reaffirmed this in the latest rating exercise undertaken in 2013.
The university has five faculties which together house 11 departments. The five faculties are the Faculty of Business, the Faculty of Engineering, the Faculty of Hospitality and Tourism, the Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences and the Faculty of Science and Technology. (Click here for information on the faculties.) The NU Centre for Postgraduate Studies offers a variety of taught and research programmes for which it collaborates with the NU Centre for Research Excellence. The Centre for Foundation Studies offers two foundation level programmes that permit progression to all the degree programmes offered at the university. The University has approval to run 2 foundation, 18 diploma and advanced diploma, 22 degree, 7 master’s and 3 PhD programmes.
Nilai University is jointly owned by the Nilai Resources Group and Felda Global Ventures Holdings Berhad (FGV).
The Nilai Resources Group which is the developer of the Putra Nilai township has numerous subsidiaries including Nilai International School that delivers the Cambridge International curriculum, the four-star Nilai Springs Resort Hotel, the Nilai Springs Golf and Country Resort which maintains a 27-hole golf course and Putra Nilai Sdn Bhd a property development arm. This diverse portfolio presents various opportunities for the university to leverage on.
Felda Global Ventures Holdings Berhad (FGV) is part of the FELDA group, the world’s largest palm oil produced and palm oil plantation operator, based on planted hectares. Listed on the main market of Bursa Malaysia Securities Berhad since 2012, FGV is the world’s largest producer of Crude Palm Oil (CPO) producing over3.2 million tons of CPO annually. It is also the largest producer of refined sugar in Malaysia and one of the country’s top processed rubber producers. The company is now considered the third largest plantation operator in the world with operations in Malaysia, Indonesia, Thailand, Myanmar, Cambodia, the Philippines and Vietnam.
Nilai University Faculties
Faculties in Nilai University:
- Centre for Foundation Studies
- Faculty of Business
- Faculty of Engineering
- Faculty of Hospitality and Tourism
- Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences
- Faculty of Science and Technology
- Centre for Postgraduate Studies and Research
Nilai University Programmes
These are the programmes available in Nilai University.
- Foundation in Business (for progression into Business, Hospitality and IT degree programmes)
- Foundation in Science (for progression into Biotechnology, Engineering, IT and Nursing degree programmes)
- Diploma in Agricultural Management
- Diploma in Aircraft Maintenance Engineering
- Advanced Diploma in Aircraft Engineering Technology
- Diploma in Biotechnology
- Bachelor of Science (Hons) Biotechnology
Business & Accounting:
- Diploma in Accounting
- Diploma in Business Administration
- Bachelor of Business Administration (Hons)
- B.A (Hons) in Accounting & Finance
- B.B.A. (Hons) in Finance
- B.B.A. (Hons) in Human Resource Management
- B.B.A. (Hons) in International Business
- B.B.A. (Hons) in Management
- B.B.A. (Hons) in Marketing
Computing & IT:
- Diploma in Business Information Technology
- Diploma in Computer Science
- Bachelor of Information Technology (Hons) (Information Systems)
- Bachelor of Information Technology (Hons) (Internet Engineering & Cloud Computing)
- Bachelor of Computer Science (Hons) (Software Engineering)
- Bachelor of Computer Science (Hons) (Computer and Communication Systems)
- Bachelor of Computer Science (Hons) (Graphics And Interactive Media)
- Diploma in Electrical & Electronic Engineering
- Diploma in Mechanical Engineering
- Diploma in Mechatronics Engineering
- Bachelor of Electrical & Electronics Engineering (Hons)
- Bachelor of Mechanical Engineering (Hons)
- Intensive English Programme (IEP)
Hospitality & Tourism:
- Diploma in Culinary Arts
- Diploma in Hotel Management
- B.A. (Hons) in Business and Hospitality Management
Medical Lab Technology:
- Diploma in Medical Laboratory Technology
- Diploma in Nursing
- Bachelor of Science (Hons) in Nursing
Postgraduate Studies & Research
Scholarships and Financial Aid at Nilai University
The goal of education is the same as the goal of life – to help students grow into intellectually and emotionally matured individuals. Parents are looking for an institution that can give their child academic excellence and at the same time, want their child to enjoy the learning experience. These two goals need not be achieved at the expense of the other because at Nilai University (Nilai U), learning and joy come together. We call this approach, Enrichment for Life (EFL), a philosophy that has been practised for more than a decade at Nilai University. Every child has his or her own qualities and the objective of EFL is to build on this strength to spur this young adult into an individual who is professionally competent as well as socially confident.
- High Achiever Scholarship: Awarded to students with outstanding academic achievements.
- Merit Scholarship: Awarded to students with strong academic achievements.
- Progression Scholarship: Awarded to students with outstanding academic achievements at the Foundation or Diploma Level.
- Extra-Curriculum Excellence Award: Awarded to students with outstanding extra-curricular achievements.
- Sports Focus Centre – Fencing Award: Awarded to fencers who have participated at state or national level fencing competitions.
- Enrichment For Life Award – Awarded to students who held active roles in leadership & active in extra-curricular activities.
- Special Financial Aid Scheme (Foundation To Degree Pathway): Granted to all students who fulfil the entry requirements of the Foundation programme
- Education For All Financial Scheme: Granted to financially deserving students who meet entry requirement of the diploma or degree programme
- Other Schemes:
- Sibling Discount Scheme
- Alumni Discount Scheme
- Felda Discount
- Civil Servants
- Instalment Scheme
- Politeknik Scheme
Nilai University Contact Details
Nilai University Main Campus
No 1, Persiaran Universiti,
+(6) 06 850 2338 (General Enquiries)
+(6) 06 850 2308 (Programme Enquiries)
+(6) 06 850 2339 (General Enquiries)
+(6) 06 850 1266 (Programme Enquiries)
email@example.com (General Enquiries)
firstname.lastname@example.org (Programme Information)
email@example.com (Career Opportunities)