The Vocational Skill Training programme designed and developed by Taylor’s in collaboration with the Ministry of Youth and Sports Malaysia to:
- Give youths a chance to pursue a valuable education
- Help them establish a promising career in the hospitality industry
- Give them a new lease in life and hope for a brighter future
Through the programme, students who face obstacles in pursuing a higher education have a chance of receiving free education and training in the hospitality field. Students undergo intensive off-the-job training in one of two areas, namely:
1. Food & Beverage Service
- Apprentices will be well trained and skilled in F&B cost control, table setting, menu knowledge and nutrition, hygiene and first aid, restaurant service and customer care, and wine and bar.
- Duration: 14 weeks off-the-job training and 12 weeks on-the-job training
- Career Prospects: Waiter, Captain, F&B Supervisor, Banquet Manager, Outlet Manager
2. Kitchen Practice
- Apprentices will gain fundamental knowledge and skills in receiving and storage of consumables, creating appetizers, savories, soup and sources; preparation techniques of meat, fish, vegetable and egg; cooking and baking styles.
- Duration: 14 weeks off-the-job training and 12 weeks on-the-job training.
- Career Prospects: Commis, Chef de Partie, Pastry Chef, Executive Chef.
The above two modules consist of seven to 14 weeks of full-time learning, after which apprentices will undergo on-the-job training at sponsoring hotels.
The successful candidate must meet the following criteria:
- Malaysian Citizen
- 18-30 years of age
- Completion of SPM
For more information
Email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Taylor’s University Lakeside Campus Location Map
Taylor’s University Lakeside Campus Contact Details
No. 1 Jalan Taylor’s,
47500 Subang Jaya,
Selangor Darul Ehsan,
Phone: +6(03)5629 5000
Fax: +6(03)5629 5001